* 1 lbs of ground beef * 2 cups of mixed frozen vegetables * 2 packages of gravy mix (makes 2 cups per package) * 6 potatoes * 1 cup of milk * 1/3 cup of butter * Salt * 1/3 cup of red wine
1. Peel potatoes and boil in water. Preheat oven to 350°F. While potatoes are boiling in water continue with other steps.
2. Brown ground beef. Drain fat if desired. Put back in skillet on medium heat and pour in wine. Cook for 5 additional minutes or until wine is mostly evaporated off. Put beef into 9" x 13" pan.
3. Steam or boil frozen vegetables for 3-5 minutes and add to pan.
4. Make gravy mix as per instructions and add to pan. Stir throughly until mixed evenly.
5. By this point the potatoes should be soft and ready to drain. Salt the potatoes, add the milk and butter, then use electric egg beaters to mix until smooth. Add additional milk and butter to change the consistency. Once at desired consistency add a thin layer to the top of other ingredients.
6. Cook at 350°F for 30 minutes approximately or until gravy start boiling.