Banana Bread Vegan Alternative
From Cooking Wiki
Revision as of 15:05, 12 April 2012 by Admin (Added statement about cause of this modified recipe.)
Modified for high altitude baking in Santa Fe, NM.
I modified this recipe to comply with the Engine 2 Diet I started in April of 2012.
Original Recipe Yield 1 - 9x5 inch loaf
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly spray PAM or alternative non-stick spray in a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, apple sauce, and bananas.
- Use a potato masher to finely mash the bananas in the mix.
- In another bowl, sift together all the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture, mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes until golden brown, an a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.